About Global Office Consulting
Global Office Consulting (GOC) is a purpose driven advocacy and communications
consultancy working across gender, health and social justice spaces. We help clients design
and deliver informed, effective strategies, campaigns and communications, shaped by the
priorities and insights of key groups, to move the needle on social justice issues.
As communicators we help clients tell their story in powerful and engaging ways. We use
creative storytelling to amplify the incredible work that is happening across the space, using
data, evidence, and compelling language to drive audiences into action.
As campaigners deeply embedded in the feminist ecosystem, we lead participatory design
processes that centre the voices of those the campaign aims to serve. We bring subject matter
expertise and lived experience into the campaign design and mobilise the community around
the campaign goals. In doing so it is not just the client who is working to advancing the
campaign, it’s the whole community.
As advocates we move issues into policy forums. We support the movement to shape their
activism into targeted advocacy agendas. We help clients present and translate their priorities
and solutions in ways that resonate with donors and decisionmakers. We ensure those with
lived experience are the ones shaping solutions to the challenges they face, working with
supportive decision-makers and stakeholders to find viable policy and programmatic
As a network we work across all regions and bring to every project informed advisors, local
knowledge, subject matter expertise and cultural awareness.
• You are an artist and a storyteller using creative techniques and different mediums
to bring concepts to life and help audiences understand complex topics in simple,
• You have worked extensively with digital communications teams supporting in
developing multimedia content for a range of platforms.
• You’re passionate about gender equality and social justice and understand the
intrinsic connection between strategic communications and advancing social justice
• You have ambitious, out-of-the-box ideas and know how to bring them to life in a
visually compelling way.
• You have cut your teeth in a design agency or similar role, producing creative visual
content for digital communication channels and are looking for a role with a value
• You’re an excellent oral and visual communicator and building these skills excites
• You surround yourself with diverse perspectives and people who inspire you to be
• Teams are more seamless, productive, enthusiastic and creative with your input.
About the role
GOC is looking for a self-starting team member with outstanding visual design and
multimedia skills to design and produce creative assets in support of our clients’
communication strategies. The ideal candidate will have visual and interactive design work
experience (preferably agency experience); an intimate knowledge of visual and digital tools
and trends; a solid understanding of content architecture, professional graphic design
standards. They will be passionate about and informed on social justice issues
• Conceptualise and design still and multimedia creative for publishing across digital
mediums that correspond with client concepts
• Work with client teams to produce visual assets in accordance with project objectives
and strategies with attention to detail and timeliness
• Proactively create visual content on a daily basis.
• Support in developing creative briefs for clients and delivering against them
• Design and produce social media advertising, support graphics, animations and
videos (statics, gifs, infographics, etc.)
• Develop design solutions in support of email campaigns, marketing collateral and
select printed materials
• Maintain relevancy in the field by monitoring digital trends, attending workshops
and joining professional groups (both relevant to global health and in different
disciplines) and sharing innovations with the team
• 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Relevant design and multimedia portfolio of engaging creative production and
• Qualifications in a related field
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite design programs, including Illustrator, Photoshop,
Premiere Pro, and/or After Effects
1. Experience in interface design principles
2. Knowledge of social media platform content types including requirements for visual
assets including share graphics, videos, etc.
3. Experience with social video editing – GIFs, Instagram, Vine, etc.
4. Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
5. Web and user interface design a plus.
6. Experience with the creation of mobile optimised HTML email templates for
1. Strong conceptual thinking
2. Natural storyteller with the ability to leverage digital tactics to bring stories to life
3. Problem solver
4. Curious about new technologies and digital trends
5. Not afraid to try new approaches and propose new solutions
6. Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
7. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
8. Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
9. Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
10. Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and multitask, and
work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Typical Working Hours: 9:30am – 6pm (UK time). We are a global team and hours can be
somewhat adjusted to accommodate different time zones.
There may be a requirement to work irregular hours or overtime to meet client deadlines.
• Reporting to Digital Communications Director
• Full time. We offer flexible working hours and are open to proposals on how the role
can work around you
• Salary scale £37k – 40k based on experience
• Contract: six months with likelihood of extension
• Location: Remote
• Start Date: ASAP
Please send a CV, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications
will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. Deadline for applying in March